Marketing for the Holidays
- Capitalize on capitalism: while everyone is online shopping, now is a great time to boost your own products or services. Offer a great deal on gift cards or a BOGO offer and start advertising it! Try a PPC campaign or look into a Facebook campaign.
- Look to Facebook: Facebook is a great, and inexpensive, way to get your name out there and your brand on people's minds. Look into Facebook PPC or boosting posts for more interaction and a substantial ROI.
- Don't skimp: now is not the time to be stingy with your marketing budget. People are digging deep and it makes sense for you to do the same. Now is the time to use a multi-platform campaign and push important topics like contests, giveaways, and new information (owners, management, products, etc.).
- Try A / B tests: if you're curious about your demographics, now is a great time to try A / B Testing. An A / B test involves showing the same audience two different ads. See which one produces a higher conversion rate!
- Stay neutral: no matter whom you side with, no need for charged statement or imagery in your marketing--leave the drama out of it.
- Network: with people out of town this time of year, now is your chance to do some in-depth networking. Take time to make some deeper connections--with fewer people around.
- Do some winter cleaning: now's a great time to cull your toxic backlinks, update your theme, or rebrand
- KISS: if you want to send out a holiday card or email, stick to the basics. A staff photo and a heartfelt thank you go a long way.